Jim consults with Experience It Inc. on our research and design practice. His executive experience includes strategy development and implementation, the establishment of high-performance organizations and large-scale organizational transformation. He is the author of several books and articles.
Jim’s 25 years of professional experience includes positions in teaching and management at the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario, executive director of the Institute for Learning at the Bank of Montreal and chief learning officer at Marsh Inc., the world’s largest risk management specialist. Among his accomplishments and contributions to these organizations include:
- Accelerated the transformation of Marsh by working with 300 senior leaders and 700 client-facing colleagues on the deep changes required to become a “preeminent risk advisor” (increase in revenue attributable to change was $100 million annualized in first year).
- Introduced value based pricing and taught negotiation strategies to client executives.
- Built e-learning systems which provided 35,000 colleagues with access to training.
Bank of Montreal
- Led senior management teams in the planning and implementation of the governance framework for their new organization.
- Built the organizational core values and the core competencies.
- Assisted in the design and change of the new strategic management process.
Institute for Learning
- Founded the Institute, which assisted the Bank in achieving strategic goals and cultural aims.
- Increased formal learning by 300% with only a 30% increase in cost.
- Developed an internationally recognized learning culture within the organization while reducing the operating budget by 25%.